Study Permit for an MBA in Canada

Over 130,000 international students come into Canada to study every year. However, the application for a study permit can be tiresome depending on where in the world you are applying from. One way to avoid some of the hassle is to understand what is required to get a study permit and making sure everything is in place before applying.

What do you need for Study Permit?

1. Your original letter of acceptance from a University in Canada. That's right, you need to first be accepted by a University before you undergo the process to apply for a study permit. Your original letter of acceptance will need to be submitted along with your application for a study permit.

2. A valid passport (or other travel document) as well as two passport sized photos. The passport is needed to make sure you can leave your country and enter Canada. The photos will be used in your documention for a study permit.

3. Proof of Financial Support. Before you will be allowed to enter Canada on a study permit, you will need to show that you have the means to support yourself. Typically, the Canadian government is looking for proof that you can pay your tuition and have at least $10,000 to cover living expenses over a 12 month period. If you are applying with your spouse, you would need to show an additional $4,000 in finances ($14,000 plus tuition). For any additional family members you would need to document that you have $3,000 in financial support. You can show proof of your financial support in a number of ways including your bank statements for the previous 4 months, a letter from the person or institution providing you with money, or a bank draft in convertible currency.

The easiest way to ensure that your study permit application is processed smoothly is to ensure that you have all three of the above requirements. While this won't guarantee that you'll receive a study permit, it will certainly improve your chances and cut down on your processing times.

More information about study permits can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Website.


gundapaisa said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
gundapaisa said…
information given above is it still valid for 2011